Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Old Fisherman and His Wife




Today is my oldest daughter, McKenna's, 19th birthday. She has been in Germany since the beginning of July and I miss her so much. So I thought I'd write a quick post in her honor. Before she left, she sculpted these two cute dolls out of clay. I just love them! She is so talented. She uses nothing but polymer clay and a toothpick to sculpt the faces and hands. For the wife's hair, she had a hard time finding anything around the house to use. So she cut my 5 year olds hair, and used it! I love her creativity. The bodies are made from wire and wrapped in tin foil. The clothes she found in my old Barbie box from when I was a kid. She told me that they were an old fisherman and his wife. 


This post card, dated August 1911, exactly 100 years ago, makes me think of what this little old couple might have looked like so long ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment