Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Kooky, Spooky, Sock Bats



Two nights ago, Aidan stayed up late watching me finish making this bat sock doll for him. I have never seen him so excited! He designed  the face and picked out the fabric for the legs. Then he helped me by stuffing the legs (and decided to do the wings too). When it was finished he was literally giddy, clapping and hooting. Who would have thought? I should have been making him sock animals all along, instead of buying him "boy" toys. He slept with it tucked under his arm all night. Then he insisted on taking it to school yesterday to show it off to all his friends. 




Last night I finished Eliza's bat doll for her. She was excited and slept with it too. But I have to say, her enthusiasm was not quite as extreme as Adain's! This was a fun little project to get us all in the Fall spirit. Can you believe Halloween is just around the corner? Heather Bailey (my idol) has a free pattern for this little Betty Boo Sock Doll. You can download it here:   http://heatherbailey.typepad.com/files/bettyboobat.pdf





No comments:

Post a Comment